As I was doing my daytime scroll, I came across the news of Instagram’s newest feature, Instagram Slideshows! Have you ever wanted to share about an event or a concept that needed more than one image to explain? Well, the day is officially here with this Instagram Carousel Album feature!
(Captured by Laura Foote)
Sometimes it is hard to tell the full story of an idea, your product, your work or service with just one photo on our favorite visual platform. But as of today, users can now post a collection of up to 10 images in one single post! Slideshow posts will have a lineup of small blue dots at the bottom of each post to prompt your followers to swipe to the left to see more. On your feed, a small Instagram icon will appear at the top right of your starting image to queue your followers in that it is a multi-image experience.
While this feature will require a little bit more work that your everyday post, I LOVE it!
How to use Instagram Slideshows:
- Gather a collection of your favorite images to tell a complete visual story on your phone.
- In Instagram, click on the Add Post icon in the bottom center of the app.
- In the Add Image screen that follows, you will see “Select Multiple” highlighted in gray. Click that!
- Select up to 10 files you want to include. *Need to arrange them in a different order than your images appear in your camera roll? I got you boo. Just tap on the images in the order you want them to appear! Instagram puts a small blue dot in the upper left-hand corner of each image thumbnail showing you the numerical order your images will appear in the slideshow!
- Click “Next” at the top right of the app.
- You can apply filters just like a regular image post! (if desired!)
- And then write your caption just as you normally would!
- Want to tag featured businesses/vendors/brands that appear in the images? You can do this just like normal too. Before posting, click “Tag People” and swipe through your images to tag your tribe in the individual photos!
- Post and celebrate your slideshow awesomeness!
Here are 5 creative ways to use Instagram’s new slideshow feature:
- Big News – Like my first Insta slideshow post today, use this feature to announce your latest launch, blog post, sale or fun news with a multi-image visual story! You can create this same look with some pretty styled stock photography and a few text overlays.
- Mini Portfolio Slideshow – Have multiple images from a styled shoot, wedding day or client gallery? Often posting more than a couple images from the same shoot on Insta can start to feel redundant. The slideshow feature is an AWESOME way to show a bigger snapshot into your work than one single image can and help better tell the story.
- Surprises – With over 600 million people on Insta, there are A LOT of images to look at. Take your followers on a little adventure and surprise ones that peek into your slideshow! Think a hidden giveaway or discount that rewards your audience for engaging with your content.
- Image Progression – Start with just one prop in the first image, add another prop in the next and add in another per image until you get to a full look and make Your feed a truly interactive experience for your followers!
- Event Recap – Want to share all your fave photos from an event but every image just isn’t working for your aesthetic (creative entrepreneur problems!)? Well this slideshow feature just solved that! Highlight your favorite shot as the opening image and then share all your favorite moments in the following slides. Sometimes it is a-okay to show real life. This is a great way to marry the desire to have an on-brand and cohesive feed and keepin’ it real!
Are you excited about the new feature? I can’t wait to see how you put it to good use. Comment with your first slideshow if you dare and I will go show it (and you!) some love!
And don’t forget to join us for out Live Online Insta Summit March 5-7th! Use code ACTION for $15 off and come party with 11 speakers who are showing you exactly how to grow your biz on Instagram! It’s gonna be a Gram Jam!